Speakeasy is our flagship two-day public speaking workshop has taught thousands of women around the world to speak up and speak out. This intensive, interactive workshop has helped women to find their voice and look forward to every speaking opportunity.
7-8 November / 27-28 March
27-28 November / 12-13 March
20-21 November / 20-21 March
What is Speakeasy?
- Speakeasy is our flagship public speaking workshop for women. It deals head-on with the fears that often hold people back from public speaking. We use evidence-based theories and techniques from the field of neuropsychology, plus our own techniques to help women conquer their nerves and speak with confidence and influence.
- We create an exceptionally safe environment for our participants. The group feels comfortable being exactly who they are – faults, foibles, fears and all – and supported enough to lean into discomfort and transform their confidence and skill levels.
- Speakeasy takes a strengths-based approach to public speaking. Participants uncover their natural strengths and develop a speaking style that is both effective and authentic.
- Speakeasy provides multiple opportunities to practise techniques and to receive honest, caring, and constructive feedback.
Who is Speakeasy for?
Speakeasy is a public speaking workshop for women who would like to:
- Increase their confidence
- Move past negative self-talk
- Develop an authentic presence
- Get their message across clearly and succinctly
- Engage any audience, whether it be 2 or 200 people – to the point where they’re hanging off every word
- Stop the fear that arises when they think about public speaking
- Actually look forward to speaking
- Nail every speaking opportunity that comes their way – planned or unplanned.
What will I learn?
At Speakeasy you will learn how to:
- Shape your content
- Hook your audience in
- Perfect your opening
- Keep the audience engaged
- Use your voice to command
- Use gestures without feeling awkward (yes, we’ll answer the question ‘what do I do with my hands?!’)
You will also have the opportunity to ask about the specific concerns and issues that impact your public speaking ability, such as:
- What to do when you’re interrupted
- How to get heard in a room of busy people
- How to best prepare for your presentations
- How to insert yourself into the conversation
- How to win over negative or cynical people
You will also develop strong and supportive connections with a group of inspiring, like-minded women!
The results speak for themselves!
95% of participants rate the Speakeasy workshop and Inkling facilitators as ‘exceptional’, and most walk out of Speakeasy actually looking forward to their next opportunity to speak!
In just two days, Speakeasy participants go from rating themselves at an average of 2 out of 10 in terms of confidence and skill to an average of 9 out of 10.
100% of women who attend Speakeasy would recommend it to their friends and to other women in their organisation.
We receive unprompted emails from women who have done Speakeasy and credit the program for dramatically increasing their career success, self-belief, presence and overall happiness levels.
If you’re looking to make a real change; to grow and develop then Speakeasy will provide you with that opportunity. I loved every minute of the program. It was unique, it makes you look inside yourself to find your strengths, however deep they are hidden.
I was in tears before the workshop because I was overwhelmed by my lack of confidence. Today when I presented I felt confident and ready to present!!! The last two days have been fabulous! It was an amazing experience and I am really excited to continue to practice all of the skills we have learnt. I hope that I will get the opportunity to be involved in more of Inkling Women’s programs in the future. Thank you.
Speakeasy is life-changing! Everything I ever thought I knew about what my brain and body does when preparing to and actually speaking in public has been turned upside down – in all the right ways! This is undoubtedly the most beneficial workshop I have ever attended.
Today I had to do a presentation in front of approximately 400 people. I am normally terrified to the point of wanting to pull out, however, I focused on my vision, ignored my inner lizard, and completed some serious breathing exercises beforehand… I delivered a great presentation. I have done nothing but praise the course and coached a few of my peers using the fantastic content. It really has made a difference!
After attending Speakeasy I found the confidence to open our Annual State Conference with a 10 minute opening address to a large audience. I also spoke during the conference as part of a panel with key stakeholders and was confident enough to accept a last minute request to present the award which I won 12 months earlier to this year’s recipient. I am so thankful to Inkling Women for helping me to find my voice, as an introvert it can be difficult to stand up and be heard. I can certainly say this has been life changing for me!